Last Updated February 1st, 2022
Data We May Collect
The data we or may collect and process about you include but not limited to:
- Usage Data, such as device information, operating system version, device type, and system performance data and other diagnostic data;
- Purchase History. YU2SHINE does not collect or process credit or debit card (“Payment Card”) data. Apple and Google collect Payment Card data with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps.
Use of Data We Collect
We may use the date we collect for the following purposes:
- Solely for the purpose of app functionality such as to authenticate the user, enable features, prevent fraud, implement security measures, ensure server up-time, minimize app crashes, improve scalability and performance, or perform customer support;
- Analytics such as using data to evaluate user behavior, including to understand the effectiveness of existing product features, plan new features, or measure audience size or characteristics;
- To provide and maintain our services;
- To manage your requests to us;
- We also may use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
(1) customizing our users’ visits to and use of our Services and Products, (2) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our Services, and (3) managing our Services and other aspects of our business.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of our website and products. The information collected through these means may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Services. To learn more about how to opt out of Google Analytics services, please visit the link below:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Data We Share
We may share your personal data:
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us;
- Between and among YU2SHINE and our current and future affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including court order, subpoena, or other lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- With your consent or at your direction.
Retention of Data
We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, unless applicable law requires storage for a longer period of time. YU2SHINE will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
YU2SHINE is based in the United States and processes information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Deleting Your Data
Please note that removing the App from your device doesn’t delete all of your data from our servers. However, the data we store is not identifiable with you personally. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data Rights for residents within the EU
This section is applicable to you if you use our Services while in Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (collectively, “Europe”).
As required under applicable law, the rights afforded to you are:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are processed or not and, if processed, to obtain access to such data and a copy thereof;
- You have the right to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or made available in a portable form;
- You also have the right to object to certain processing, or request that we restrict processing in certain circumstances;
- When we ask for your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Information for California Residents
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. For more details about the personal information we collect please see “Data We May Collect section” above.
Categories of personal information we collect:
- Identifiers such as online identifiers;
- Personal information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e));
- Commercial Information such as history of products purchased;
- Internet or other similar network activity such as interaction with our Products or Services.
Under CCPA, personal information does not include: 1) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; 2) publicly available information from government records; or 3) information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete when contacting us about the Products. Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Products. From Service providers. For example third-party vendors that we use to provide the service to you.
Use of personal information:
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes described in section “Use of Data We Collect” above.
Sharing or Disclosing Information:
We may use or disclose and may have used or disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
1) Identifiers; 2) Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)); 3) Commercial information; 4) Internet or other similar network activity
Specific examples of sharing data can be found in section “Data We Share” above.
Rights and Choices under CCPA
If You are a resident of California, You have the following rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The categories of personal information we share with third parties.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will permanently and irrevocably anonymize your personal information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email: [email protected]
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: 1) Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; 2) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily readable and useable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Our Products and Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Do Not Sell Policy
We do not “sell” the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out). The Service Providers we partner with (for example, our analytics) may use technology on the Service that use personal information as defined by the CCPA law. If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential uses or sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
- The NAI’s opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA’s opt-out platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA’s opt-out platform: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
- “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
Using Products by Minors and Children’s Privacy
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
All YU2SHINE Products are for a general audience, are not targeted to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
By email: [email protected]
By visiting this page on our website: https://yu2shine.com/contact/